Announcements & New Business
Reimagining Public Safety Project
We are seeking a dynamic Minneapolis neighborhood organization to participate in an exciting opportunity to create a neighborhood public safety model. The project will provide trauma training, restorative justice training, program development, and mentoring through June 2022.
Through a Minneapolis Office of Violence Prevention, a partnership of Restorative Justice Community Action, Minnesota Peacebuilding Leadership Institute (Peacebuilding), and community leader Manu Lewis have collaborated in bringing a multi-dimensional process for communities to develop skills and create a public safety model that fits the needs and desires of local neighborhoods.
We are currently seeking applications for the program which is January-June 2022. The timeline for this process is:
- Application due December 10, 2021—access application HERE
- Info sessions December 2, 2021, at Noon & December 3, 2021, at 7 PM
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for info session
- Interviews week of December 13th
Requirements for consideration in applying:
- Must be a neighborhood organization in Minneapolis
- Provide space for meetings/trainings that are in-person
- On-going support for project participants
- Can identify and recruit a core team of 5-10 community members committed to full training and mentoring throughout the project
- Strategies for Trauma, Resilience, and Awareness (STAR)—MN Peacebuilding Leadership Institute: 5-day Virtual training: January 18-19 and 24-26, 2022
- Restorative Circle Training—Koinonia Leadership Academy: 4 day In-person training—March 1-4, 2022
- Public Safety Workshop: Saturday March 19, 2022
- Monthly mentorship gathering
- Trainings are free for participating core group and staff of Neighborhood organization.
- Core group community members receive $100 stipend each month of participation January-June 2022
- 1 year membership with the National Association for Community Mediation
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or by phone 612-746-0787.