Case Coordinator Bi-lingual Spanish (32 hours/week—with benefits)
Hourly position $13.50-$15/hour: Annual salary $22,000-$25,000
Open until filled
Overview: Restorative Justice Community Action (RJCA) is seeking a Case Coordinator to support our neighborhood-based restorative justice program in Minneapolis (www.rjca-inc.org). The RJCA Community Conferencing Program holds nonviolent adult offenders accountable to the community for low level offenses committed in Minneapolis and Hennepin County. In community conferences, screened offenders and affected community members discuss the impact of referred incidents and work out agreements to make amends that are monitored by RJCA.
The Case Coordinator is responsible for case management, including offender intake, scheduling, monitoring compliance, and reporting. The Case Coordinator also assists with referral development and data collection.
RJCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RJCA will not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
- Case Management – Handle intake and scheduling of new cases; set up and maintain case files; monitor offender compliance with restitution agreements; produce reports on outcomes; and keep records up-to-date.
- Referral Facilitation – Help maintain effective referral systems in partnership with law enforcement, courts, and other referral partners; participate in coordinating meetings with partners as needed; assist with training of partners as needed.
- Data Collection – Provide information and assist with reports to partners and funders as needed.
- Miscellaneous – Supervise and train intake interns and assist with other tasks as needed.
- Four-year degree (or near completion), with relevant coursework in criminal justice, restorative justice, sociology, or social work preferred
- Case management experience preferred
- Fluent in Spanish
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail and time management. Experience with offender population preferred
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with legal system is a plus
- Good typing skills
- Interest in multicultural work and serving diverse populations
- Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in an open office workspace
Hours: Full time, 32 hours/week, with benefits. Must be available during regular business hours with occasional evenings/weekends.
To Apply: Send, email, or deliver cover letter explaining your interest, qualifications, and date you are available to begin, along with a resume and at least three professional references to: RJCA, Executive Director, 101 East Grant Street, Minneapolis, MN, 55403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: Call Cynthia Prosek at 612-746-0787.